Demographic change, climate change, staff shortages and the need for digitization are all major challenges for companies today.
When I founded my company in 2005, our first service product, based on my diploma thesis, was “Applied knowledge management as an answer to the demands of our time“, which I had to discontinue after 5 years due to lack of interest. Now the time seems to have come!Gerald Peter Pfleger, Jan. 2023
What is meant by the term “applied knowledge management”?
Applied knowledge management is a very pragmatic form of knowledge management, organizational development and digitization with the aim of fundamentally strengthening the performance and thus also the variability of an organization.
What role does AI (artificial intelligence) play in this context?
Since the beginning of 2023, the first AI language models have been introduced, enabling their use in the context of applied knowledge management. Currently, we are working with our customers and partners to implement the first applications.
What are the advantages of applied knowledge management?
Taking into account the findings of systems theory and cybernetics, principles proven in practice are applied to:
- to tap into the existing know-how
- to motivate employees as “co-thinkers
- to use the unused knowledge resources
- increase the organization’s capacity to learn and act
- improve the quality of decision-making
- strengthen innovation and competitiveness
- reduce the cost of resources
How can we imagine an applied knowledge management project?
- Analysis: The status quo of the organization is surveyed in order to determine the areas in which action is required.
- Prioritization: Determine which areas of action need to be addressed first. If, for example, demographic change is the challenge (many employees will retire in the next few years), “know-how protection and know-how transfer” will be dealt with first.
- Implementation: according to the individual needs of the organization, the methods and tools are selected, if necessary developed, and introduced in the organization.
- Evaluation: It is checked how effective the measures already implemented are. Once the desired results have been achieved, the other fields of action are tackled.
How long does an applied knowledge management project take?
The duration of such a project depends on many factors and ranges from 3 months to 2 years, with the maturity of the organization in terms of knowledge management playing an important role. Other factors include corporate culture, management quality, organizational form and the degree of digitization.
Who should I contact if I am interested?
Please send us an email with the subject “Applied Knowledge Management”, briefly describe the current situation and tell us how to contact you. We will get back to you reliably.